Thursday, May 26, 2011

OH WOW ITS ALMOST TIME

So I leave tomorrow. My stuff is in a large pile on the floor. I should probably pack it. My flight leaves tomorrow from RSW at around 12:30, and I get to Bar Harbor around 8:45 in the evening! YES. Things that I think I am going to forget but am trying very hard to remember:
1) sunglasses. because...being blinded is a terrible thing
2) socks. i bought an extra pack of sweet on-sale biking socks, but i can't find them...maybe they are in the over-sized Lady Gaga tote bag that I tucked into my bike shipping box? I hope.
3) Headphones. I pledged to listen to Born this Way all 4,295 miles, DARN IT!

Beyond that, I am pretty excited. I know I am a monetary/fundraising failure, but I'm not ashamed! I tried! Let's see you paint 10+ custom pairs of shoes! IT IS HARD WORK, OKAY!?
Anyway. I should have charged more. I also hate asking people for money. I am a proud little girl. Although I shouldn't feel bad asking for money for this, because I can honestly say that they need it more than I do!

LIST OF THINGS LIZ DID TO GET MONEY:
1) Paint shoes. Yes! Lady Gaga shoes, burn notice shoes, dexter shoes, etc! So many shoes!
2) Spam facebook. I am sorry facebook friends, but it was time you gave me some sort of benefit in my life.
3) Spam the Florida State University email system. I think I may have made all of my classes hate me because I emailed them so often.
4) Restaurant fundraisers. I'm not going to say that these were a horrible failure, but I will say that SO MUCH WORK + uncomfortable interpersonal contact with business owners = $61. YAY THAT'S LIKE NEGATIVE FOUR PERCENT!!!! Why am I not a business major?
5) Sold my dear sweet campus cruiser. She went to a loving home, though, and I am sure I will get to see her sometimes. Sniff.
6) Grovel
7) Made free business cards! Do you know how much spam you get from those companies, by the way? I should have just bought business cards...


ANYWAY. I am going to try to buy one of those baby cameras (I think the sony bloggie looks cool, but the name is dumb enough to deter me...) and vlog semi-daily throughout the 68 days. Also, I was thinking about making a fake companion blog from the perspective of some sort of character...it would be made up and solely for the purpose of being funny. I'm foreseeing a lot of extra time in my life if we finish riding by 2pm everyday as was projected. 2pm! FINISH BY 2PM?! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ALL DAY.

So check back here for daily updates. YOU KNOW I'LL DO IT! Unless I fall into a ravine, or get eaten by a bear.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be following you all the way!!!!! And you are not a fundraising failure. I checked the other people's pages too, and some of them were A LOT lower in their goals than you, so don't be so hard on yourself!!!!!!

    Have fun! Be safe! Love you!

    -Your future husband ;)

    ReplyDelete