Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A LIZARD IN THE VALLEY: The sun also sets, contrary to the advice of Mr. Hemingway

I know. I did it again. I am a bad lizard. I have much to fill you in on, yes, and I did promise that tonight would be the night I updated. But I am tired and battling a possible illness of DOOM just before dairyland (maybe. it might also be psychological. BUT WHO CAN EVER TELL). So I will post the briefest of updates and leave much to your imaginations. I am certain they could use the exercise! So, you're welcome.

SATURDAY:
Menomonie! Another road race, this one shorter. 80-ish miles. I told both of my compatriots that I did not believe it in their best interest to ride. In fact, I all but forbade them. Actually, I may have literally forbidden them from riding. But they have noggins of steel and ride they did. What followed was a drudgery of horrid rain and hills like...I don't know, mountains! Everything was so steep. I cried driving up much of the course. And I say "driving up" because golly gee if I remember going down anything! I mean, I am sure I must have. Science, you know.

Anyway. The weather had taken its toll and Lapars took ill. If this were the oregon trail, she would probably be dying of dysentery right now. But thankfully this is only bike racing and she just got a cold. Vdrigo's immunities held and she recovered posthaste.

SUNDAY:
Laura worsened. I think I went on a bike ride. God, sunday was a long time ago! We definitely ate pizza. I suck at this.

MONDAY:
Yesterday...a foggier cloud. Who can tell? What is time? What is life? Lapars did decide on this day that she had to return to Miamers, as her constitution began to fail all the more heartily. I was deeply saddened, as I often depend on her life advice to navigate the perilous waters of adultolescence.

TODAY:
I drove Lapars to the airport and psychosomatically convinced myself that I was falling ill. I consumed probably more ginger, garlic, and lemon than is healthy and did all kinds of voodoo nonsense. I MUST RACE. I MUST RACE DAIRYLAND AND I MUST CRUSH. That is the only thing I can think of, as poverty strikes me and my book blinks incomplete on my word processor. I slept a lot...that is a thing i did.

I am obviously feeling better, as I am updating here, and this gives me hope. As I begin to race, I will publish here a sort of race journal, filled with the adventures of one lizard searching for her place in this strange world!

I must rest. Don't be the reason I fell ill, internet. Goodnight!

(Sorry this post is lame)

No comments:

Post a Comment