Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A LIZARD IS NOT A TOAD: and thank god for that, because reptiles are better than amphibians

Do you know how close I was to just not writing this?! DO YOU EVEN KNOW!??

I am tired and really full of noodles. LOVE MEEEEE. Anyway, here you are.

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19 - The Crack of Dawn
Yes, I know I frequently refer to this time of day. But this time, it was literally that time. The very crack. So. Yeah.

 Lynette and Michael roused me before they had to leave for work, and poured me many coffees. We said our tearful goodbyes and I hugged Lynette (but not Michael, because he was feeling sick. He imposed a hug quarantine.) Michael gave me a copy of Leviathan by Paul Auster to borrow for exactly one year, until I can return to the twin cities to race in the granola plateau myself.

WEDNESDAY, 7:30

I packed up all of my belongings and hustled over to Vanessa's to drink more coffee (I need a quart in me before my heart starts going). We said more goodbyes to Melanie and Reese, and then hit the road.

WEDNESDAY, 8:00

We began the 5.5 hour drive to Milwaukee to collect Diego, who would be staying with us in the place of Lapars.

UGH I AM SO TIRED

Ok I think i am over that.

Anyway, we drove, with only one Starbuck stop mid-drive. The road was long and filled with perils but Vanessa and I navigated expertly.

WEDNESDAY, later

We arrived in Milwaukee, collected Diego, and then stopped at a local Thai restaurant for some SAUCY "Pud Thai". What is pud thai? Heck if i know. It was far too saucy. Saucy, and distrustful.

WEDNESDAY, the rest of the day
We arrived at the home of the Hardman's, where we would be staying, and settled in. It was and is a lavish palace. It took me about six hours to figure out how to operate their futuristic television. Vdrigo made us delicious pasta.

Ok literally I am too tired.
HMP HMMMP tomorrow I will write more I swearrrsssssss

No comments:

Post a Comment